The Big Dipper®
The Thermaco, Inc. Big Dipper® Automatic Grease and Oils Removal System removes up to 98% of free-floating (non-emulsified) grease & oils from kitchen drain water flows. Grease build-up within a building's plumbing drainage system is a major cause of problems due to drain line blockages. These problems jeopardize normal operations as well as create health and safety hazards within the facility itself. Proper installation of a Big Dipper® System can reduce or eliminate grease problems. Use of the Big Dipper® assures minimization and/or elimination of costly sewer surcharges and fines through efficient separation and removal of free-floating grease & oils. In addition, the Big Dipper® also helps reduce or eliminate pumping and disposal costs associated with conventional grease traps or interceptors. The recovered grease & oils are substantially water-free and are suitable for recycling by local rendering and/or biodiesel companies.
To ensure that food scraps and solids are not forced down sinks, we offer the in-sink trap which has a basket in the sink and shut off valve mechanism. When the basket is removed for general emptying and cleaning it must be refitted back into place for water to drain away.
The Big Dipper® is a grease removal system to trap and
remove grease from commercial kitchens or anyway where food
is being prepared and cooked.
The Big Dipper® IS series are point source units, fully automatic, sensor controlled and are suitable for under bench installations. We have 4 models in stock - with sizes as follows;
- W-200-IS equal to 2000 litres or 1-199 seat/meals per day
- W-250-IS equal to 3000 litres or 200-399 seat/meals per day
- W-350-IS equal to 4000 litres or 400 -799 seat/meals per day
- W-500-IS equal to 5000 litres or 800 - 1000 seat/meals per day
- Fully automatic self cleaning cycle. Removes collected grease & oils from tank without any operator assistance. Comes complete with 24-hour timer and Grease Collector.
- Constructed of corrosion resistant materials suitable for installation in virtually any location.
- Integrated Motor/Grease Outlet/Lid enables a fast, do-it yourself System operation reversal.
- Compact footprint.
- Two (2) No-Hub Connectors provided.